Monday, 9 April 2012

Book Review: "It" By Stephen King


This really was outside of my comfort zone as I had read no horror novels previously, and no Stephen King. I do however like some of the movie adaptations. The Shining and Misery are excellent and remember leaving a lasting impression when I first saw them. This book was easy to get in to though as King is obviously really good. The sense of place and character are quickly established and I was soon caring about a lot of the Losers Club. I couldn't, though, get on with the horror and supernatural parts of it. I don't know if I was supposed to be scared but I wasn't. I found I really enjoyed the "normal" parts, describing life for the kids in 1958, but then not feeling involved as it got more and more in to the horror elements. It's also very long, and I did skip quite a bit in parts. So overall I did enjoy it, but I don't think horror is really for me. If I was to read more Stephen King I think it may be his other writing, and maybe something not quite s long!

No comments:

Post a Comment